Sesame Party Dates
Let’s get this party started, shall we?
These stuffed dates are ticking all the boxes:
They look beautiful on a large platter, but they’re even better in your mouth. Dates + Tahini is a classic Middle Eastern combination; we thicken the tahini with butter beans and a touch of honey for perfectly pipeable filling. What do you say, is it a date?
- ½ cup canned butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- ½ Tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp water
- pinch sea salt
- flakey sea salt
- black & white sesame seeds
- Add all filling ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer filling to one corner of a ziplock bag and cut off the corner (this will be your piping bag).
- Slice dates down the middle and remove the pit. Spread the sides open, and pipe in filling.
- Top dates with flakey sea salt and sesame seeds.